Ozsential Questions for Interpreting L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
1. How does Baum use classic fairy tale elements in an American way?
2. What are the historical, political, psychological, and religious ideas critiqued and praised in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
3. Why has this story been so enduringly popular and able to be morphed into other forms?
4. If this is an allegory, how do we decode it?
5. How are these keywords thematically related in Oz:
power, hope, home, reality, appearance, deception, wit, confidence, compassion, optimism, cruelty, and difference?