Form VI English: Literary Childhoods
Children’s Literature: A Very Short Introduction by Kimberly Reynolds
On a separate sheet of paper, write a 2-4 sentence response to the following questions:
1. What are some of the important ways that writing for children in English has changed since the 18th Century?
2. Among the different theoretical approaches to analyzing children’s literature, which approach seems to have the power to teach adults the most about children? Which the least?
3. Explain the impact of “transmedia” and “narrative networks” on literature for children.
4. What have been some of the ways that literature for children has changed in how it conceives and presents families?
5. How can some children’s literature be called “a literature of contestation”?
6. What are some of the ethical issues involved in children’s literature?